LEAD SPECIALIST, PUBLIC POLICY, RISK & STRATEGY
Cefeidas Group is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our dynamic Public Policy, Risk & Strategy practice full-time as a lead specialist. In this challenging position, the successful candidate will be responsible for leading projects related to developments in the political, regulatory and economic spheres in Argentina and other Latin American countries. They will guide the preparation of deliverables for clients and work with other team members to complete projects at a high standard. Please note that all applicants must have an advanced level of Spanish and English (both written and verbal).
Role and Responsibilities
- Simultaneously oversee several public policy focused projects for clients that include strategic advice, operational support and the preparation of regular and ad hoc reports, ensuring their timely completion at a high standard.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of regulatory issues and public debates affecting companies in their sector.
- Monitor key issues of interest and analyze the potential impact of developments on clients. Proactively seek and anticipate opportunities for clients.
- Design and present strategic action plans to orient clients’ public policy actions and stakeholder engagement.
- Guide and participate in the elaboration of documents, reports, presentations and other deliverables in Spanish and English. Review and provide feedback on reports, taking responsibility for their overall quality and giving final approval, as appropriate.
- Effectively manage project team members, and supervise the prioritization of projects and tasks.
Client relations and business development
- Represent the company in meetings with clients and other external actors. Build and maintain relationships with clients.
- Understand and anticipate the needs of clients, developing methodologies and products appropriate for their needs and objectives.
- Participate in the business development process, including development of service proposals.
- Coordinate with the managing director, team manager and peers on project management and human resource matters.
- Manage a team of specialists, analysts and interns. Participate in the project resourcing processes. Maintain a general vision of the team’s workload and performance. Coach junior team members, and promote their professional and personal development.
- Holder of a relevant university degree (such as international relations, politics, economics, law). Graduate degree is a plus.
- Several years of experience in relevant positions in the public or private sector, including at least one year of managerial experience
- Strong interpersonal skills and team working abilities
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to follow each task through to completion
- Strong organizational skills and ability to balance multiple work assignments
- Knowledge and understanding of political processes
- Advanced research, and strong writing and editing skills
- Advanced Spanish and English (reading, writing, spoken)
- Flexibility, creativity and strategic thinking
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to motivate and lead project teams and meet deadlines under pressure
- Client management experience
- Experience related to private-public engagement
Candidates interested in the position should provide their CV (two pages maximum) together with a one-page letter of introduction to email@example.com. Please send a CV without the following information: photo, civil status, age and gender.
About Cefeidas Group
Location: Belgrano, Buenos Aires (mixed remote/in-person for the near future)
Cefeidas Group is an international advisory firm that helps its clients advance their objectives in Latin America. We provide professional services in Public Policy, Risk & Strategy, Corporate Governance, Stewardship & Sustainability and Business Intelligence & Research.