LEAD SPECIALIST – BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE & RESEARCH
Cefeidas Group is seeking a highly-motivated individual to join our Business Intelligence and Research practice full-time as a Lead Specialist. In this challenging position, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing a team that researches companies, individuals and events, and provides analysis to help clients understand potential legal, reputational, political and regulatory risks associated with transactions. You and your team will assist with the preparation of deliverables for clients, with a focus on business intelligence and due diligence processes. Also, one of the Lead Specialist’s main role is to continue developing this new business unit assisting the Managing Directors of the firm in contacting potential clients, and making project proposals for new clients, while managing the workflow with the team and having regular contact with clients.
Please note that all applicants must have an advanced level of both English and Spanish. Applicants who do not live in the city of Buenos Aires are invited to apply, given the role could be remote.
Role and Responsibilities
- Participate in the hiring process and in building the team to scale the business unit regionally across Latin America.
- Conduct the project management of the research on companies, individuals and industries across Latin America and the United States (and others) using a wide array of sources (public and private databases and government registries, the Internet, open media, etc.).
- Identify gaps in knowledge and creatively seek to close them.
- Take research through to completion and corroborate findings using various sources.
- Analyze the potential impact of findings or developments.
- Draft and review material that organizes and reports findings logically and clearly (primarily in written English).
Client relations and business development
- Represent the company in meetings with clients. Build and maintain relationships with clients.
- Understand and anticipate the needs of clients, developing methodologies and products appropriate for their needs and objectives.
- Participate in the business development process, including the development of service proposals.
- Coordinate with the managing director, team manager and peers on project management and human resource matters.
- Manage a team of specialists, analysts and interns. Participate in the project resourcing processes. Maintain a general vision of the team’s workload and performance. Coach junior team members, and promote their professional and personal development.
- Experience in leading and supervising a team.
- Strong research, writing and analytical skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to balance multiple assignments.
- Excellent communication skills and team working abilities.
- Attention to detail and the ability to follow each task through to completion.
- Advanced Spanish and English (reading, writing, spoken).
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience contacting clients and preparing proposals.
- Creativity and strategic thinking.
- Use of public or private databases and tools.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Workspace.
Candidates interested in the position should provide their CV (two pages maximum) together with a one-page letter of introduction to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send a CV without the following information: photo, civil status, age and gender.
About Cefeidas Group
Cefeidas Group is an international advisory firm that helps its clients advance their objectives in Latin America. We provide professional services in Public Policy, Risk & Strategy, Corporate Governance, Stewardship & Sustainability and Business Intelligence & Research.