On October 18, managing director of Cefeidas Group, Santiago Chaher, presented on behalf of the International Finance Corporation (IFC) at the fifth Corporate Governance Workshop for Journalists at Deloitte, in Sao Paolo, Brazil. The session, hosted by the IFC, B3 and Deloitte Brazil, presented seminars to help educate companies on how to better their corporate governance practices.
Mr. Chaher updated international journalists and media professionals on how corporate governance and sustainability can be integrated into journalistic coverage practices. In his session, “International Trends: Sustainability and Corporate Governance”, he highlighted how key corporate governance principles can ensure the private sector behaves more sustainably within their internal practices.
Other sessions at the event covered:
- Brazilian Code of Corporate Governance
- Recent advances in corporate governance of companies listed in the new market and state-owned
- International trends: Sustainability
- Research on new techniques and technologies in forensic practice
- Corporate Governance: How to identify red flags of bad practices