ANALYST – PUBLIC POLICY, RISK AND STRATEGY
Cefeidas Group is seeking a highly-motivated individual to join our Business Intelligence and Research and Public Policy, Risk & Strategy practices full-time as an Analyst. In this challenging position, the successful candidate will be responsible for monitoring news, researching companies, individuals and events, and providing analysis to help clients understand potential political, regulatory, and reputational risks associated with transactions. You will assist with the preparation of deliverables for clients, with a focus on business intelligence and the mining sector and support other projects as required. Please note that all applicants must have an advanced level of both English and Spanish.
Role and Responsibilities
- Conduct research on companies, individuals and industries across Latin America and the United States using a wide array of sources (public and private databases and government registries, the Internet, open media, etc.).
- Identify gaps in knowledge and creatively seek to close them.
- Take research through to completion and corroborate findings using various sources.
- Analyze the potential impact of findings or developments.
- Draft and review material that organizes and reports findings in a logical and clear manner (primarily in written English).
- Undertake political/regulation-focused research in English and Spanish with a particular focus on mining and extractive industries
- Monitor key issues of interest, maintain tracking documents and analyze the potential impact of developments
- Support other teams with projects, as needed.
- Holder of a relevant university degree (such as international relations, politics, economics, journalism, public policy, etc.)
- Strong research, writing and analytical skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to balance multiple assignments.
- Excellent communication skills and team working abilities.
- Capacity to work with autonomy and limited supervision.
- Attention to detail and the ability to follow each task through to completion.
- Advanced Spanish and English (reading, writing, spoken). Knowledge of Portuguese a plus.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- Creativity and strategic thinking
Candidates interested in the position should provide their CV (two pages maximum) together with a one-page letter of introduction to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send a CV without the following information: photo, civil status, age and gender.
About Cefeidas Group
Location: Belgrano, Buenos Aires (mixed remote/in-person for the near future)
Cefeidas Group is an international advisory firm that helps its clients advance their objectives in Latin America. We provide professional services in political and regulatory risk and strategic affairs, business intelligence and research, corporate governance and compliance, and ESG and sustainability.