On October 2, in a presentation to institutional investors to mark World Investor Week 2017 in Buenos Aires, Argentina, Cefeidas Group‘s managing director Santiago Chaher joined Chairman of Argentina’s National Securities Commission (CNV), Marcos Ayerra, and Secretary of Financial Services for the national Finance Ministry, Leandro Cuccioli to discuss the importance of corporate governance and the road towards integrating ESG (Environmental, Social & Governance) in the investment process.
Organized in Argentina by the CNV, the event brought together the financial community and made corporate governance one of the primary topics on the agenda. Attendees of the event included individual investors, investment professionals, teachers, parents, researchers, firms, regulators, and organizations interested in corporate governance.
The World Investor Week is a global, week-long campaign, launched this year by the International Organization of Securities Commissions (IOSCO) to raise awareness of investor education and protection. It is supported by the World Bank, G20, OECD, BID and the International Forum for Investor Education. There are 82 countries and regional and international organizations participating in the event from across six continents.
A few key messages from World Investor Week 2017 include the following:
A smart investor:
- Verifies that an investment professional is licensed
- Conducts research on a product before investing
- Assesses the impact of fees when choosing an investment
- Understands that risk exists in all investments
- Avoids “get rich quick” and “can’t lose” schemes
- Recognizes the power of compound interest
- Recognizes the importance of diversification
- Plans for and invests according to his/her future needs and goals
- Recognizes the benefit of long-term, regular and diversified investment
For more information on World Investor Week 2017, please click here.